Parents parking in Crownlee, Crabtree Ave and Birch Ave.
We have received many complaints from local residents, SRBC and Penwortham Town Councillors about parking on the above roads whilst dropping off and collecting pupils.
Crownlee is a private road, Crabtree Ave and part of Birch Ave have parking restrictions. The movement of cars adjacent to school in these areas and on residents’ drives presents increased risks of accidents to pupils and residents as well as inconvenience.
Please observe these restrictions and try to reduce the risk of accidents and the inconvenience to our neighbours.
Service 13A, Operator PBT
- From Preston Bus Station- 8.06 a.m.
- Arriving at All Hallows – 8.32 a.m.
Special Buses – there are five special buses serving the school:
Service 698, Operator PBT
- From Walton Park Yew Tree (7.52 a.m.), via Carrwood Rd (7.57 a.m.), Lostcok Hall Junction of Todd Lane North (8.05 a.m.), Penwortham New Lane (8.17 a.m.), arriving at All Hallows at 8.30 a.m.
Service 714, Operator HWC
- From Lostock Hall Four Lane Ends (8.05 a.m.), via Penwortham Bridge Inn (8.22 a.m.), arriving at All Hallows at 8.30 a.m.
Service 731, Operator HWC
- From Walmer Bridge (8.02 a.m.), via Longton Rams Head (8.10 a. m.), New Longton School (8.20 a.m.), Whitestake (8.24 a.m.), arriving at Star Garage – Penwortham
Service 741, Operator PBT
- From Southport Bispham Rd / Old Park Ln (7.20 a.m.), via Crossens The Plough (7.26 a.m.), Banks Church (7.30 a.m.), Hesketh Bank (7.39 a.m.), Tarleton (7.50 a.m.), Much Hoole (7.56 a.m.), Walmer Bridge (8.02 a.m.), Longton (8.09 a.m.) arriving at All Hallows at 8.30 a.m.
Service 767, Operator PBT
- From Clayton Green Centre (7.50 a.m.), via The Hayrick (7.55 a.m.), Leyland Queens Hotel (7.59 a.m.), Lostock Hall Methodist Church (8.07 a.m.), New Lane End ( 8.19 a.m.), arriving at All Hallows – 8.30 a.m.
Good behaviour on school buses is insisted upon. Pupils travelling by bus are expected to behave as they would on a normal service bus. Misbehaviour on school buses constitutes breach of school discipline and will be treated accordingly. Persistent misbehaviour might lead to a pupil being denied the use of the special transport.
Cycling – parents are asked to ensure that their children are reminded constantly about the necessity for correct and careful cycling at all times. Each year we have several accidents involving cyclists. For reasons of safety and security we insist that:
- The condition of the bicycle is roadworthy, e.g. brakes and lights.
- There is no cycling on the school premises.
- Each cyclist must secure the bicycle with a lock and chain in the cycle shed.
Cars – The volume of cars arriving at the school at the beginning and end of the school day has increased so much that, in the interest of pupils’ safety, we ask parents to drop-off and pick-up their children outside the school’s premises. There are parking restrictions in force on Crabtree Avenue at these times. It is safer, and may well be quicker, for parents to arrange to leave or meet their children on Birch Avenue or Central Drive.