Governors of the School
Please note that none of the Governors have registered any business or financial interests.
- Mr M Perry (Chairman) – Term of office ends 31/08/2020
- Mr W McMahon (Vice Chairman) – Term of office ends 31/08/2020
- Mrs J Carnell – Term of office ends 31/08/2020
- Mrs H Cross – Term of office ends 31/08/2020
- Mrs B Holt – Term of office ends 31/08/2020 (Governor at St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, Penwortham)
- Mrs A Naylor – Term of office ends 31/08/2020
- Mrs C Patterson – Term of office ends 07/11/2018
- Mrs C Neville – Term of office ends 31/08/2019
- Mr C Delaney – Term of office ends 31/08/2019
- Mrs S McKerney – Term of office ends 27/11/20 (Governor at Longton Primary School)
- Mr R Adamson – Term of office ends 31/08/2019
- Mrs S McCluskey (LEA)
- Mr C Riding
The Full Governing Body meets every term and every Committee also meets on a termly basis. The Committees of Governors that we use at the school are as follows:
This Committee looks at potential changes to the curriculum, reviews the performance of all the departments and analyses the schools work towards the targets that are set on an annual basis. This is a busy Committee which also considers the improvement that the pupils have made during their time with us. Performance of pupils is analysed formally several times during the year and the Committee receives reports of their progress.
Staffing and Pupils Commitee
Staffing – the Committee ensures that plans are in place to replace staff who are leaving. It also evaluates the staffing structure that the school has and ensures that the finances are in place to maintain the acceptable levels of class sizes, whilst ensuring specialist teaching in all areas. The Committee also oversees the welfare of the staff. The Governors employ almost 100 people at All Hallows and there welfare is something that is very important to us.
Pupils – the termly Committee begins with a report back from senior pupils on the issues highlighted by the School Council in their regular meetings. The Committees aim is to ensure the safety of the pupils and also ensure their happy passage through the five years in our school.
Finance and Buildings
This group of Governors considers the School Budget and how the different elements of the high school are financed. The School Budget comes to us at the end of March. We plan for the following financial year and ensure that all plans are relayed to the school community via the School Development Plan. Most of the budget is taken up with staffing costs and the Committee is very keen to ensure that we can maintain appropriate levels of staffing in our school. On the buildings side of its remit the Committee considers plans both short and long term to improve the quality of provision we offer to our pupils.